Friday, March 1, 2013

Nappying my Newborn - Intro and Index

Welcoming new bub and super model: ChaCha :)

It's been 5 crazy weeks, but she's finally testing out all my newborn nappies, which lots of fun!
Most of my newborn stash consists of prefolds & covers, but I've also got some All in Ones and All in Twos. And once she's got through all of those, we'll start on all the One Size nappies my 20 month old is using :)

These are the brands I'll be testing:
Prefolds: Hemp Little Weeds, Peapods bamboo absorbers, Pikapu microfibre
Covers: Baby Beehinds, Bumcheeks, Pikapu, Thirsties, Weehuggers, Blueberry, Imse Vimse, Motherease, Tots Bots
Fitteds: Fluffies, Baby Beehinds, Motherease, Geobels, Tots Bots, Thirsties
All In Ones (AIOs): Pikapu, Itti Bitti, Baby Beehinds
All In Twos (AI2s): Baby Beehinds Petites, Eenee, Cushie Tushies, Itti Bitti
One Size: Cushies, Peapods, Bum Genius, Baby Kangas, Baby Beehinds Magicall Multifits, Itti Bitti Tutto

Overview:
With my first daughter, LouLou, I did a lot of research but still couldn't work out what I wanted, so I ended up buying quite a few brands in different styles to try out.
For a newborn a lot of people were adamant that prefolds & covers were the best way to go, and I have to agree - cheap, easy, less bulky, less leaks and you can use them as boosters in your other nappies when your child is older!

Other people skip the newborn nappies altogether and go straight to small or one size nappies, which I can completely understand! They're only in them for such a short time, and it can a few of those weeks to feel ready to tackle cloth nappies, especially if it's your first. I'm keen to see how long it will take Charlotte to fit those bigger nappies and which One size nappies really do fit from birth :)

Use the list above to find your way to the reviews you're interested in.

No comments: